Ten Benefits of Frankincense Essential Oil
The word frankincense comes from the term ''franc ences'', which means quality incense in old French. Frankincense resins are products of stems of Boswellia Cartelli or Boswellia sacara tree that's mostly grown in Somalia. In ancient days, it was mostly used by royalty of the present day Middle East areas including the Egypt, Somalia and Ethiopia regions of Africa. Frankincense was a symbol of statue and one which created trade routes around East Africa, North Africa and the Middle East. It's also important to note that frankincense has been linked with many different religions such as Christianity with frankincense and Myrrh being one of the first gifts given to baby Jesus by the three wise men from the East.
Frankincense has been used over the years for aromatherapy and soothing purposes in forms of oil or resins. The oil that's extracted from the resins has been used mostly to address various complications such as inflammation, symptoms of indigestion, wounds, stretch mark, acne or scar remedy, cold and flu medication, stress relieving bath soak, natural hygiene product, anti-aging, and wrinkle fighter
Reasons Ellie Bianca Loves Frankincense Essential Oil to Include it In Our Line of Body Oils
- Prevents signs of aging and soothes skin - Frankincense strengthens the skin, improves its tone, enhances elasticity and provides defence mechanisms against bacteria, blemishes and aging signs. It's effective for soothing dry or cracked skin and improves appearances of stretch marks, scars and acne.
- Rich in Anti-bacterial, Anti-septic and Anti-fungal properties - What if, from oil, applied topically on skin, one can find the benefits of illness prevention and germs sanitization? Frankincense enhances body’s immune ability which in turn helps prevent illnesses and destroy dangerous bacteria and viruses that might affect the skin, largest organ in the body.
- Promotes Oral Health - Frankincense essential oil used topically on the skin can prevent germs from forming on skin or mouth. Adopted by many people over the centuries to naturally prevent and relieve oral health problems such as cavities, bad breath, gingivitis, mouth sores, toothaches and other infections accolades to the oil's antiseptic abilities.
- Reduces Signs of Depressed Skin - Dull, unhappy and depressed skin? Frankincense is full of depression reducing abilities to relax the skin from stressful situations.
- Promotes Skin’s Cell Regeneration - Restful sleep equals glowing skin! Frankincense has calming and grounding scent that naturally helps one to fall asleep. The scent simply opens up breathing passages which eventually allows the body to reach an ideal sleeping temperature, a vital process in cell regeneration.
- Cleanses the skin and Internal Body - As you already know, what’s inside your body will be visible on your skin surface thus the importance of internal cleanse for radiant skin. Frankincense helps cleanse the skin by assisting the digestive system to properly cleanse and detox. It also speeds up the secretion of enzymes responsible for digestion and increases urine production
- Reduces body pains - This essential oil reduces pain and cramping in the stomach. Helps eradicate bloating by flushing out excess water from the abdomen, relieves PMS-related stomach pains and provides relief from nausea. It also combats discomforts that accompany menstruation and menopause by balancing hormone levels through regulation of oestrogen production.
- Balances Skin's and Body's Hormone Levels - Every time we think about hormonal balance on the skin, our minds move towards the skin’s natural ability to provide optimum pH balance to combat oiliness, acne and dryness. Frankincense balances hormone levels through regulation of oestrogen production, a vital process that helps regulate the skin's hormones and reduce formation of cysts, tumours.
- Uplifts your mood - By providing relief from various pains such as headaches, anxiety, fatigue, mood swings, body pains, cramps and improving one’s ability to stay rested at night. Frankincense helps to uplift your spirit and keeps you active.
- May help fight cancer or fight chemotherapy side effects - The cancer killing properties of frankincense are due to its ability to regulate the machinery that influence promotion of gene healing. According to a research that was carried out at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas such ability to regulate the gene healing machinery makes Bowselia a viable candidate for cancer prevention and treatment.
Ellie Bianca is happy to bring to you the limited edition, Frankincense and Myrrh Body Oil. This body oil is also formulated with Shea Oil, Sunflower Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Jojoba oil, Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Argan Nut Oil, Castor Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Borage Oil, Rose Hip Oil, Vitamin E.
You can now purchase this body oil from various natural health stores across Canada and United States or online at the Ellie Bianca Store
Please note that this article is not for self-diagnosis nor self-medicating, please contact your physician before using any medications in any form including oils.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Beauty Blog
For a limited time, we have curated three special Mother’s Day Bundles to help you pick out the best gifts fit for all moms, even those who say they do not want anything.
Everything you need to know for a healthy glow this Spring & Summer
As we all prepare for much toastier months ahead, our skin is right there with us. And while you may be more concerned with penciling in your next pool session, it’s crucial to remember that with a new season comes changes to your skin and a plethora of environmental factors that can affect your overall skin health. In other words, your winter skincare regime is not going to cut it. Lucky for you, we are here to help you make the necessary adjustments to your skincare to have a (somewhat) seamless transition as we approach the summer months.